Our own recipe and comfort food! Love to cook and eat this for breakfast or lunch on weekends with my beloved. ♥
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- ½ small carrot, minced
- 1 red/green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 hot dogs, sliced thinly
- ½ cup ground beef
- ¾ cup red wine
- ¼ cup, water
- ½ cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons banana ketchup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Spanish paprika
- ½ beef cube
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar OR 1 teaspoon honey
- salt, ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Penne pasta (you may use spaghetti or any pasta you like)
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Heat the oil. Sauté garlic, onion, carrots, and tomatoes.
- Add ground beef and hot dogs, stirring occasionally until beef is no longer pink.
- Add the bell pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, paprika, beef cube, basil, and oregano.
- Add wine, water, tomato sauce, ketchup and sugar and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix it well. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!